DF Map Archive
User info for Salmeuk
Maps and Movies
- This is what happens when you make cats explode with an explosion of nails whene...
- Discoing deserts ftw
- Fable of Catten and Eagle
- The recorded fight between the dragon and Catten and his Eagle companion. I was ...
- run kitty!
- stray cat being chased by a titan and leaping(?) to safety only to be caught and...
Favourite points of interest
- Perfect Ambush
- No dust, no cloud, no pressure, miasma or breath can propagate through a diagona...
- A pond, refilled
- With some work, I established a pump stack to re fill the stagnant pond I'd...
- Tavern Wing
- Located in the [url=http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-33254]Grand Central Hall[/url]
- Orthoclase Oubliette
- Holding cell of Zan 'Snappy' Gorgedboat, weretortoise. Cursed by the h...
- Farms and pens
- These are the fortress farm plots and animal pens. The farm plots are run of the...
- Dwarven City
- Dwellings for humble dwarves.
- it all hangs from here
- This darn tree branch is preventing the fortress from collapsing if the self-des...
- Where technically we fight invaders and train the army. Too busy most of the tim...
- Dustikoggon School of Wizardry
- Main classrooms and altars
- The greatest door
- Access to the upper and lower deadly caverns is controlled by this mightiest of ...
- Troll Mascot
- The northern stairwell here is home to a troll that wandered in several years ag...
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sure, we could use a few more, but it shouldn't take long. As you may guess...
- Death Trap
- So, if I raise one bridge and lower another, the only way into the fort is to do...
- Mausoleum of the Original Seven--Memorial Garden
- When the last of the Original Seven died, this structure was built to honor them...
- Emerald Tree
- This is a 15 z-level tree constructed of electrum (made with imported gold), gre...
- Wine and Ale Garden
- While our dining hall is still in design, we recommend you join us for a few dri...
- This is the front (top?) door to the fortress.
- The Clockwork Stream
- Not actually a clockwork stream, but this artificial river was created by drawin...
- PROJECT DORF FACE
- STRIKING THE EARTH AND LEAVING THE MARK OF OUR GLORIOUS RACE ON IT
- 4th century dwarven engineering and ingenuity presents - The S-Farm. A dual pump...
- Chess Set
- Masterwork furniture and sculptures set up in the now-classic chessboard setup i...
- Cougar pen
- Two cougars that we bought from traders have managed to produce a young cub.
- Expanded Great Bazaar
- Bigger, better, and with even MORE exotic clothing shops. The bazaar is sure to ...
- The Skull Mural
- Some people would say it's silly to have a huge, creepy-looking mural of th...
- The Great Axle
- This took about a year to complete, stretching from the waterwheels at the cave ...
- Giant food stockpile
- The last time a human caravan came it was completely destroyed by goblin ambushe...
- The Catwalk - Kitten disposal made simple!
- I like this one. The bridge is connected to the pressure plates on either side ...
- Plumbing sublevel.
- I was digging out the channels, and couldn't resist the opportunity to mine...
- King's Cross
- The King's cross, not even nearly done yet :) The King's Cross feature...
- The Chess Statue Set
- I was bored.
Submitted: 2019-11-01 (View map)
Thanks for the comments. RE: embark, I have developed quite a taste for embarks over the years, and this one attracted me because of the realistic topography (no harsh jumps in z-level or ugly orthogonal terrain) and the nicely framed features of the central mountain.
Here is a mifki screenshot of the place: http://assets.mifki.com/df3dview/?key=33d1c46603d490a5
Though I find that single z-level rooms become less interesting when visualized in this manner. Something about their lack of volume, in relation to the larger terrain features.
Submitted: 2019-10-10 (View map)
How very interesting! I remember attempting this sort of thing back when I used TWBT, for I found multilevel display to be VERY pleasing to view. . however I ran into some issue I can't remember and quickly gave up.
Your forts are always so precisely created - it's unlike any other style of building I've seen. Well done!
Submitted: 2019-10-10 (View map)
"the piglet has been stung!"
you heartless bastard!
The left-facing cliff wall gives this fortress a very 'classic' feel. It's actually a very nice embark.
Also, its good to see DFMA getting some use as of late. .
Submitted: 2017-10-31 (View map)
I like your circular design!
Submitted: 2017-08-08 (View map)
Beautiful fortress! Your writeup read like poetry. The moon design is evocative.
Also, it warms my heart that DF can occasionally confuse even the most knowledgeable of players.
Submitted: 2017-06-16 (View map)
The ground level reminds me of 2d dwarf fortress. awesome!
Submitted: 2016-11-15 (View map)
I've got to say, your tavern is disgusting. I'm sure it was beautiful at some point, but a foot-deep lake of puke and blood is anything but inviting.
You should soak it all up with those backpacks. . .
Submitted: 2016-10-05 (View map)
I retired this fortress after discovering that black bronze displayed purple, just like the glumprong wood I had used for most of my aboveground buildings.
Submitted: 2016-09-23 (View map)
impressive dungeon. I would not look forward to spending my sentence there.
Submitted: 2016-09-20 (View map)
Yeah, this is pretty cool. That whippit is the stuff of nightmares. .
Submitted: 2016-09-16 (View map)
You bet, Tharis. Read it here:
Browse more map comments...
Browse more movie comments...