Work Completed in 1055
- Dug out permanent bedrooms and workshops.
- Hollowed out central area.
Outline for 1056
- Relocate all of the workshops and stockpiles
- Finish the bedrooms
- Try to melt more water
- Finish channeling in the access shaft
- Continue making equipment for my guards.
- This year has been a pretty good year; managed to finish the hollowing out of the core of the fortress (movie), got started on the permanent bedrooms and workshops, and laid the ground work for the a standing military.
- I messed up with melting ice. I was hoping to be able to fill the bottom Z-level of the central fortress with water, but it seems like that may not happen. The magma does not flow fast enough to melt the ice in the much-too-large area I planned to melt, and I didn't make any exploration shafts into the area that I planned to melt. I assumed it was all ice, but it seems to be more rock than I had hoped for.
Magma is evaporating faster than it is flowing into the large chamber meant to melt the ice above. I made the space much too large. I didn't plan ahead well enough.
I am going to try to drop some water into magma river connecting the pipe to the room so that I can stop the flow and try again. - Charrat
There are 21 comments for this map series, last post 2009-11-27
SHIFT + Key doubles keyboard scroll rate.
Do you only see a blank space?
[x] This map viewer uses the new ByteArray features only available with the newest version of Flash 9. Please update your player in order to view this map.
Don't have Flash?
You can download the compressed map file: 2008-06/charrat-Abbeytunneled-region1-1056-1.fdf-map but you will need the .NET version of SL's DF Map Compressor to convert to the .PNG image format.