Work Completed in 1054
- Expanded temporary defenses.
- Expanded metal and glassworks.
Outline for 1055
- Complete the hollowing out of and smoothing of the central area
- Start the construction of the permanent housing areas
- Plan out permanent workshop areas and defenses.
- My fourth year. I had hoped to finish the hollowing out of the central area by now, but it looks like it will be finished by summer of the next year.
- My FPS has really slowed down. I am getting around 10-15 FPS with temperature on, and 15-25 without it. So I decided to turn temperature off, which is unfortunate since this is a glacier map. I will have to turn in on eventually in order to melt more water, however. I have capped my pop at 105 and I currenly have 102 dwarves.
- I have a bit more action this year; four goblin ambushes, two during while the dwarf caravan was here. Two of the caravan's guards were killed, prompting me to expand the traps and begin drafting some legendary miners into the military.
I have altered this space to improve the security of the fortress and whatever traders happen to be at the depot. During this year, a double Goblin ambush killed a couple guards in the Dwarven caravan.
There are 5 retractable bridges meant to secure the area based as circumstances demands; a inner and outer obsidian bridge that can seclude the hollow space, a pair of ice bridges south of the trade depot raise to remove access to the depot should there be a caravan visiting during a seige, and another ice bridge in front of the fortifications can be raised or lowered based on whether or not the invaders and the caravan's guards have ranged weapons.
On an interesting note, several patches of sand have appeared in this area for a reason that I do not understand. I have been using this sand to make glass. =) - Charrat
There are 21 comments for this map series, last post 2009-11-27
SHIFT + Key doubles keyboard scroll rate.
Do you only see a blank space?
[x] This map viewer uses the new ByteArray features only available with the newest version of Flash 9. Please update your player in order to view this map.
Don't have Flash?
You can download the compressed map file: 2008-06/charrat-Abbeytunneled-region1-1055-19.fdf-map but you will need the .NET version of SL's DF Map Compressor to convert to the .PNG image format.