My chocolate caek recipe
Fruity fruit cakes: starting with Cake mk xi and continuing with Cake mk xii (Manifold cake), Cake mk xiii (Party cake) (2008-10-04), Cake mkv xiv (Leaving cake), finishing with Caek mk xv (Fruity chocolate vodka cake) (2008-11-16).
The fourth batch: Caek mk xvi (Chocolate slurry cake with flakes) (2009-02-14), There are no photos of caek mk xvii Cherry and Cranberry Fruit cake (2009-04-??), Caek mk xviii (Apple pie cake) (2009-05-09), Cake mk xix (Pre-birthday chocolate cake) (2009-05-17), Cake mk xx (Twin apple cake) (2009-05-19)...
The fifth batch: Caek mk xxi (Blueberry Cream Cake) (2009-08), Caek mk xxii (Strawberry Muffin Caek) (2009-09), Cake mk xxiii (Sultana and Biscuit Caek) (2009-09-09)..., followed by Cake mk xxiv (Bloody Stupid Biscuit and Sultana Cocoa Cake) (2009-09-23),Cake mkv xxv (Cheesecake!) (2010-08).
The sixth batch: Caek mk xxvi (My mum told me to make Victoria Sponge) (2009-08-19)...
Its my birthday soon (2009-05-21); expect more cakes.
- Flora light
- Granulated sugar
- Icing sugar
- Self raising flour
- Bournville cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven 180oC
- Grease baking pan
- Beat eggs x 3
- Mix 1: Flour x 18 heaped teaspoons + Cocoa powder x 8 rounded teaspoons
- Mix 2: Flora light < 200g + Granulated sugar 25 x heaped teaspoons
- Stir in eggs to Mix 1
- Gradually add Mix 2 to Mix 1, stirring flour in thoroughly
- Add a dash of hot water to help disolve Mix 1 into Mix 2
- Pour mix into baking pan
Bake caek for 25 mins.
- Mix 3: Flora light (remainder of 200g) + Icing sugar x 18 heaped teaspoons + Cocoa powder x 5 heaped teaspoons
- Microwave for 20 secs to melt, mix again
- Pour glaze over caek
- Put caek in fridge for time until glaze sets